|Type:||Clincher and Tubular Available|
|Depth:||24mm for Clincher, 20mm for Tubular|
|Basalt Braking Surface:||Yes|
|Nipple Hole Type:||External|
|Max Tire Pressure:||120psi|
|Total Weight:||CLINCHER: Front 582g, Rear 743g; 1326g In Total TUBULAR: Front 412g, Rear 573g; 986g In Total|
|Ceramic Sealed Bearings:||Yes|
|Colors:||Black/ Red Available|
|Colors:||Black ( Default )|
|Count:||Front 18 And Rear 24|
|Lacing:||Front: Radial, Rear: 2:1|
|Colors:||Black/ Silver/ Red Available|
|Cassette Type:||Campagnolo 9/10/11 Speed or Shimano 8/9/10/11 Speed|
|Max Rider Weight:||100 kgs|
How fast of a bicycle is most determined by the performance of it's revolving components, wheels are the main components of a bicycle. This makes it reasonable to upgrade the bearings, all the points lead to a result, Ceramic material. There are 2 main features of using Ceramic Bearings:
1. Ceramic Ball is closer to perfect round: A steel ball in Grade G25 is meant to be a high quality ball in this material, if measured by size, it's precision is 25/1,000,000 inch.
Nevertheless, a ceramic ball can be made to be in Grade G5, it's precision is much higher than the best steel ball. That's why we say Ceramic Ball is closer to perfect round.
2. Ceramic Ball is stiffer: Stiffness is very important to a ball used in a bike, it's also called "Modulus of Elasticity". A steel ball's Modulus of Elasticity is around 30,000,000Pounds/Inch, while a ceramic ball's is 47,000,000Pounds/Inch.
Both of the main features make the bearing with ceramic balls smooth, easy to maintain and fit for all conditions.
Also upgrading to ceramic bearing brings a lot of benefits over the steel counterparts:
|Higher hardness of rolling element||
- Better wearability - Greater durability - Longer service life
- Lightweighting the system - Lower centrifugal force during rotation, consequently less bearing wear and heat generation and bearings can run at higher speed
- Increase the rigidity of system - Less sphere deformation under load and this will transfer energy better
|Higher precision and better surface finish of ceramic balls||
- Less friction between ceramic balls and races - Less wear
- Less maintenance or maintenance free - Races will not block due to rusty
- Less magnetic contaminations to be magnetized into the raceway that can affect smooth rotation and destroy the raceway
- No galvanically stimulated corrosion - Can be used in applcation that requires electrical isolation
Carbon Fiber can deal with tension very well, but it’s not good at handling high temperature, in order to provide the smooth braking, we have to increase the Temperature Resistance for Clincher wheels. We use the Basalt material instead of Carbon Fiber when making the braking track, it increases the rim Temperature Resistance for about 150 Fahrenheit and conducts heat much better than Carbon Fiber. Basalt material increases the brake performance on wet condition without increasing the wear and tear on the braking surface.
This means that our rims can last longer than ordinary carbon wheel rims with the Basalt material. And this technology can also help our rims to stand wear and tear.
COLIN TATTERSON –
FURTHER TO MY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PRO ROAD 24mm CLINCHER – FOR A TEN SPEED CASSETTE DO THE WHEELS COME WITH A SPACER?
Yes, all the wheelset includes a spacer for Shimano 10 speeds, and default in 11 speeds.
BladeX Support Team
COLIN TATTERSON –
I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR PRO ROAD 24mm CARBON CLINCHER WHEELS. DO THEY COME WITH ALL BLACK HUBS, SPOKES AND NIPPLES?
ARE THE BEARINGS IN A CERAMIC RACE OR STEEL RACE? POSSIBLE DELIVERY TIME TO AUSTRALIA? ANY OTHER INFO YOU CAN SUPPLY
Thanks for contacting us, the spokes, nipples and hubs are all Black. The bearings have Ceramic balls and steel race, that’s the industry choice for ceramic bearings, for durability purpose.
The delivery time to Australia would be in 10-14 days after your order, we will send you a tracking information after the shipment.
And the prices listed are in USD, thanks!
BladeX Support Team